The mission of the Missouri Assisted Living Association is to provide industry leadership that promotes the highest standards of assisted living and residential care for Missouri consumers through quality education and the advocacy of favorable legislation and regulations.
- 1976: The Missouri Boarding Home Association was founded and incorporated in St. Joseph, MO
- 1982: Name was changed to Missouri Residential Care Association (MRCA)
- 1985: MRCA becomes certifying agency for Level 1 Medication Aides
- 1985: MRCA becomes training agency for RNs and LPNs with their “Train the Trainer” program
- 1990: MALA helps to develop and implement RCF1 manager training curriculum
- 1997: Name was changed to Missouri Assisted Living Association (MALA)